And the seed of Israel separated themselves from all strangers, and stood and confessed their sins, and the iniquities of their fathers. Nehemiah 9:2
In this booklet we will explain the difference between Sin and Iniquity.
1. There is a definite connection between sin and iniquity.
2. Iniquity is the motive; sin is the action that carries it out.
3. Iniquity is a powerful force that is behind sin from one generation to another.
4. Iniquity that goes back to a previous generation is called a generational iniquity.
5. Iniquity is a particular bend in your nature.
In Psalm 40:12, the Psalmist David said he couldn’t look up because iniquity had such a strong hold on him. It can be overwhelming when you feel the pull of an iniquity. It’s as if you are blind and can’t see the hidden trap before you fall into it again.